the people alchemist edit: behind the scenes – #smashyourceiling – business and lifestyle experimentation for the #womanalchemist
Human beings are creatures of habits. Willpower is a limited resource but Habits are the high road to your best life.
We make 95% of our daily decisions on auto-pilot in a fraction of time driven by routine and automatism. On average, 70% of our thoughts are the same, every day – imagine that?
That’s why good habits are incredibly valuable. Of course, rehearsing a good habit takes a lot of willpower. However once it has taken roots, you can take your hands of the decision making and cruise along.
“Motivation is what gets you started.
Habits is what keeps you going”
– Jim Rohn
I have been practising a morning daily routine that has been working quite well for me:
- Yoga in bed (7 minutes stretches really)
- Meditation (10 to 15 minutes)
- Journaling (including affirmations)
- Listen to something motivational and positive (audiobooks/motivational speeches on YouTube etc.)
This sets me up for the day, and then I’m ready to conquer the world.
- Practice makes perfect
- it might be hard at the beginning BUT it will get easier for sure
- Habits are the high road to your best life.
Do you have any habits that have been really useful to you? Do share 🙂