The PeopleAlchemist Edit: change & transformation, business & lifestyle experimentation for TheWomanAlchemist
Can you reinvent your job and your life? Of course, you can.
But to start with, you first need to take ownership and responsibility for your career (and your life). Stop giving power to external forces (any) and let them control your career and life. All the power is within you. That’s where it all begins. Once you have understood, digested and fully embraced this point, you will be unstoppable and able to reinvent and reboot your career, your life, you name it. Everything.
FOUR SIMPLE STEPS
After you have recognised your power, there are four simple steps to follow:
- Know what you want. To move forward you need to decide exactly what you want. YOU. Not your mother/family/partner etc. etc.
- What is your destination? You can’t plan a trip if you don’t know where you are going, right?
- Choose the right vehicle. To continue with the trip analogy, to move from one place to the other you need the right vehicle. And by this I mean how are you going to step up. Level up. Some people do well by themselves, using books/self-study courses or reading (you can check mine if you’d like. Shameless self-plug, I know). Others need more support like classes or coaches. You choose what works for you. What will help the most to level up for your next career move. But remember: you are the operating power here.
- Travel in style – first-class and with first-class people. This is where most people trip, pardon the pun. They surround themselves with people who are at the same level. You know the saying you are the average of the five people you spend the most time with? Spend time with the people you aspire to be like and in the environments, you aspire to be. Why?
- Your mind has a built-in GPS, the Reticular Activating System (RAS), a bundle of nerves at our brainstem that filters out unnecessary information so the important stuff gets through. The RAS is the reason you learn a new word and then start hearing it everywhere … So if you submerge yourself in the right “new” environment with people who do the type of job at the level you want to, your mind will start picking up the messages, the clues. And soon you’ll find yourself there.
- Make a plan with timeframes.
There is nothing more to it. Really. So you seem you really can reinvent your job and your life. In 90 days if you choose to.
And for those of you who need step by step guidance/ a blueprint, my new book “90 Days to Reboot Your Career” will be out shortly.