I am so utterly delighted that my book is now out, available to order both on paperback
and on Kindle
edition just in time for Business Women's Day
- YES!!!!!! :-) STOP IT! It's all in your head
is my labour of love and my way to encourage, inspire and empower women to achieve what they want professionally and not be confined by societal, religious, family paradigms of what " women should do/are like" and, most importantly, the restrictions in their head.
If that is being CEO of a Global Company or a stay-at-mum or Director of Paperclip ( whatever grabs your fancy) so be it.
Writing this book was also a personal challenge ( the 30 days thingy) which confirmed to me once and for all that you can really do whatever you set your mind to, if you really want to that is.
Couple of tips for writing a book from me:
- write about what you are passionate about, you know more than you think.
- free-write about the parts/chapters in the book you like the most and you are most interested in first - that will give you a great boost at the beginning - you can edit and add the boring bits later - by then most of the book will be almost there
- keep your own voice - write as you speak so to speak ( people do need to understand you though..)
- keep an open mind, ideas will flow into you mid-way through the project
- a deadline and going public is good to beat procrastination ( but if that stresses you out too much don't do it) - the deadline certainly helped me.
You can do it too!!!
If anyone would like to be part of the book launch, the event is live on Eventbrite and you can buy an Early Bird ticket now: SMASH YOUR CEILING - #STOPITBookLaunch
Thursday 12 October at 18.30
Business Design Centre
To pre- e-meet other super fab women in business attending the event, please use the following hashtags:
I'm so excited about this book and I genuinely hope you will like it- I hope to meet you soon, in person or through the pages of my book. Laura x
#Hustle #GirlBoss #SmashThatCeiling #SmashYourCeiling
STOP IT! It's all in your head
#dreambig #believe #youcan