ThePeopleAlchemist Edit: HR, business, employee relations
I don’t get along with my boss: what can I do?
To start with, don’t let your job and your boss define who you are: it is a job, not your life.
Develop tactics that work for yourself and your present circumstances and keep up your mood (remember Harvard Business Review research).
In practice you could:
- Manage upwards – try to understand what is important to your boss and why, what makes him/her tick, make yourself valuable and develop a positive working relationship.
- Manage yourself – focus on what you can control and do it well.
- Leave – if neither option one or two work, then change your job.
Remember the 3 questions:
- Do you like yourself?
- Do you like what you do every day?
- Do you like how you do what you do?
So, what are you going to do?