ThePeopleAlchemist Edit: Be your best self – #SmashYourCeiling, change starts from within -Business & Lifestyle Experimentation for #TheWomanAlchemist
Various studies have shown how mediation can help relieve stress, manage anxiety, reduce inflammation. It also improves memory and concentration. It’s not exactly clear just how it confers so many health benefits, but it does,
So here are a few types of meditation practice I have used:
- focused meditation (concentrating on any of the five senses, like breathing)
- mantra meditation (uses a repetitive sound to clear the mind)
- It can be a word, phrase or sound, such as the popular “Om.”. It doesn’t matter if your mantra is spoken loudly or quietly
- progressive relaxation (also known as body scan meditation)
- visualization meditation (imagining positive scenes or images)
- Here it’s important to imagine the scene vividly and using all the five senses to add as much detail as possible.
Whichever you choose, ultimately it’s all about what works for you.
What has this got to do with Being Your Best Self and learning to love yourself?
Meditation quiets the chatter in your mind (the bitchy evil twin sister). Kind of think of meditation as a form of personal mental hygiene, cleaning all the crap out of your mind. It also increases self-awareness.
- Done in the morning helps to focus and positively start the day
- I found the mantra and/or visualization meditation particularly good in the morning. Perhaps you could use as your mantra “I LOVE ME” (just a thought …)?
- Done in the evening helps clear the mind from the day and get ready for a great night sleep
- Combined with the subliminal affirmations as talked yesterday, it’s awesome.
Also, remember this:
“Meditation is a way for nourishing and blossoming the divinity within you”
And the Divinity within you loves you lots.
All together now: OOOOOOMMMMM …
See you tomorrow x
BE YOUR BEST SELF RECAP:
- “Keeping A Promise To Yourself Is A Direct Reflection Of The Love You Have For Yourself”
- “I Don’t Care If You Don’t Like Me; I Love Me.”
- “Our Brain Ha A Negative Bias …”
- “Mirror Mirror On The Wall …”
- “It’s The Repetition Of Affirmations That Leads To Belief …”
- “To Get To Know Yourself A Little, You Need to Study Yourself A Little”
Change starts from within, that’s why training your consciousness should be your Priority Numero 1 – a daily practice to silence your inner critic.